The Secrets (an introduction)
There ARE secrets to actually create time using technology. Some people, maybe you, would say these aren't secrets at all, but simply represent common sense approaches to using information technology effectively.
There ARE secrets to actually create time using technology. Some people, maybe you, would say these aren't secrets at all, but simply represent common sense approaches to using information technology effectively.
What you do know is that 'time is money'. So, whether you call them secrets or common sense, I hope you'll think about each one I write about and determine whether 1) you're already doing it (great - I would love to hear about your experience and how much time it created for you!); 2) you're "sort-of" doing it and could use more guidance (a good start); or 3) you're not doing it at all and think you'd like to try it to see if it works (I'm here to help).
Thank you!
Cindy (May 29, 2011)
It might seem that technology for you is just another time sink, a must-do, or in some cases a waste of time. It might seem to you that the 'promise' of efficiency, speed to deliver, or improved marketing and communication is not worth the 'cost' of your time or $$ that you're spending on technology.
Perhaps you're using technology to run a business process like accounting or order fulfillment and you know a lot of information is going into it, but nothing really useful is coming out. Maybe you've bought a piece of software or subscribed to a software system in the cloud because you knew it could be really useful, but instead it just sits there costing you money without delivering the benefit you had hoped for. It can be so frustrating!
I've been 'working with computers' as my mother would say, for a long time. What I've actually been doing, mom, is problem solving-- Learning what different types of businesses are trying to do so that they can make more money. Learning about what problems they run into as they try to make more money. Learning where they are wasting their time & money. Then helping them to make more money by guiding them in how to use information technology (software, databases, websites) in the best (aka: least expensive, fastest) way to make more money. And I've seen that similar methods work no matter the size, shape or function of the business.
So, to make it more interesting, I've decided to turn my learnings into Secrets that I can share with you, so you can create time and your business can make more money!
In the coming weeks, I'll be writing about what I've learned are the top 5 secrets to creating time with technology. I hope you'll tune in and follow me. The first Secret: Start Simply. Look for it to post next week!
I've been 'working with computers' as my mother would say, for a long time. What I've actually been doing, mom, is problem solving-- Learning what different types of businesses are trying to do so that they can make more money. Learning about what problems they run into as they try to make more money. Learning where they are wasting their time & money. Then helping them to make more money by guiding them in how to use information technology (software, databases, websites) in the best (aka: least expensive, fastest) way to make more money. And I've seen that similar methods work no matter the size, shape or function of the business.
So, to make it more interesting, I've decided to turn my learnings into Secrets that I can share with you, so you can create time and your business can make more money!
In the coming weeks, I'll be writing about what I've learned are the top 5 secrets to creating time with technology. I hope you'll tune in and follow me. The first Secret: Start Simply. Look for it to post next week!
Thank you!
Cindy (May 29, 2011)
No comments:
Post a Comment